Do you need help with what to write in your baby congratulations cards? Here are different sample messages, cute sayings and ideas how to best express your wishes and happiness for the new family and for this joyful occasion!
Since families and occasions are all different, here are lots of suggestions what to write in your card to the new family and the new baby. Find many sample sentences and wordings to choose from.
And further below find sample messages for 2nd or 3rd babies and even for twins, triplets and multiples, too.
Do you want it funny? - You get it!
Do you prefer meaningful thoughts? - Not a problem either!
Baby Congratulations Cards 101: Here are a few guidelines on how to start your card and how to end it.
The sample sentences for the main part may be mixed and combined as per your personal likings and as per the best fit.
Address your new baby congratulations card either
- to baby (for example Dear Lisa),
- to the couple / parents (familiar: Dear Mary and Robert / not so familiar: Dear Mr. and Mrs. Jones)
- to the complete family (Dear Jones Family).
After nine months of waiting, your newborn baby is finally here. That calls for many hoorays and a loud, big cheer! May baby's life always be full of love, joy and laughter and may you all live happily ever after! (by E. Dittmer)
you may combine any of these sentences as they best fit
* New life, new experiences, new thrills. Congratulations on your new bundle of joy.
* May your child be blessed and cradled with love and joy. Congratulations on the newest addition to your family.
* For all the joy and smiles they bring, a new baby is worth everything. Congratulations on your new arrival!
* Congratulations and a very warm welcome to (name of baby). May his / her life be blessed with good health, love and laughter.
* Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful baby girl / baby boy!
* Congratulations on your new baby girl / baby boy. I am / we are so happy for you! If you ever need a helping hand I am / we are here for you.
* Babies are wonders, babies are fun, congratulations on your new little one!
* Welcome baby (name of baby) and congratulations to Mom and Dad! Wishing you all a lifetime of love, health, laughter and happiness together.
* Welcome to the world, (baby's name)! I / we can't wait to meet you.
Grandmas: cite a grandma / grandbaby quote in your baby congratulations card!
* Wishing you lots of happiness with your little one!
* Best wishes on your dearest new arrival. We hope you are all doing well. Enjoy every moment with your precious little one!
* A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.
* It's the little things that bring us the greatest joy! Congratulations on your peanut!
* 50% mommy, 50% daddy, 100% baby (or baby's name)! Best wishes on the arrival of your new baby.
* Congratulations on this happy occasion. I am / we are so pleased to hear you and the baby are doing fine. Enjoy your time together!
* Parenthood is a wild ride full of love, laughter, questions, anxiety, learning, excitement, craziness, hugs, kisses and much more. Congrats on your baby girl / baby boy!
* Baby (name of baby) has chosen you to be her/his mommy and daddy. I think she/he has made a very good choice. Congrats and all the best for your new family!
* A little baby girl / baby boy. Get ready for lots of laughter and noise, big hugs and so many joys. Congratulations and all the best!
* Congratulations you have been blessed with a child! Wishing you many happy moments with your little one.
* A cradle full of best wished for your new born baby girl / baby boy!
* Congratulations! Along came this little miracle and no day will ever be ordinary again!
* Wishing you and your baby a world of happiness.
* With a baby come toys and a whole world of joys, and all kinds of fun things to do. With a baby comes laughter and love ever after, with a baby sweet dreams all come true! Congratulations on the birth of (baby's name)!
* A new baby! Happiness and laughter are coming your way! With tickles and giggles and lots of smiling days!
* Wishing you a wonderful new world of happiness to share with your baby / baby's name / baby girl / baby boy.
* Nothing brings home so much love, as a brand new baby sent from above. Congratulations on your new bundle of blessing.
* This is such wonderful news that your baby girl / baby boy / baby's name has arrived happy and healthy. May you find parenthood a breeze and always be able to look back with fond memories. Congrats and all the very best!
* A daughter / a son is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give. Congratulations on your little darling / little angel!
* So many dreams, so many wishes. So many hopes, so many questions. Such happy feelings, such a small human being. Welcome to life, little prince / little princess!
* How wonderful it is to hear about your new arrival. Congratulations to you and the lucky little one!
*Congratulations to the proud parents - you have a new bundle of joy who I am / we are sure you'll thoroughly enjoy!
* Booties and blankets and lots of little toys, a baby is one of life's loveliest joys!
* Your little baby is GREAT news. Wishing you and baby all the best.
* May this little baby be the sun to your shine, sweet to your heart, cup to your cake, ice to your cream, sun to your rise, heart to your beat and everything else you can possibly imagine!
* There are two gifts we should give to our children: one is roots, the other is wings. Congratulations on your new arrival, may you always find a way to give your child both enough roots and wings!
* Being a parent means, learning to sleep with a foot, or even two, in your face!
* Being a mother is the highest paid job in the world since the payment is in pure love!
* A baby's first step is ... into your heart!
* "Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do" (Matt Walsh). Congratulations on your new arrival and good luck with transitioning from theory to practical experience!
* Not all treasure is silver and gold... Congratulations on your 'personal new treasure' and little darling!
* Baby is cute. Mommy is cute. Daddy is lucky...
* "Ah, I feel so rested and did not have to worry about anything at all today". Said no mom ever...
* You have been getting on your mom's nerves for nine months. Now it's daddy's turn!
* Good moms have sticky floors, dirty ovens and happy babies!
* Just wondering: if olive oil is made of olives, what is baby oil made of?
* No one can imagine life having their own children. But when they are born no one can imagine life without them.
* Keep calm and diaper on.
* Heard your home is growing by 2 feet!
* Congratulations on your new baby girl / boy! From now on, follow this bedtime routine: read her / him a story, tuck her / him in tight, say a sweet prayer and kiss her / him goodnight!
* Love, joy, baby puke and smelly diapers... Don't panic, it's only a baby!
* A little one has joined you both, how happy you must be... It was great when there were two of you, but even better now there's three!
* You could have bought a few Porsches or could have traveled the world for a couple of years. But you have chosen sleepless nights, Lego in the living room, parent-teacher conferences and puberty instead. From now on you will be parents - and we think you took the right decision, congrats!
* Baby girl: May your little newborn girl play with fairies, grow angel wings, braid the hair of a mermaid, fly to the moon and ride a unicorn.
* Baby boy: You've got male! Congratulations!
* If you are a mother yourself: Motherhood is a wonderful, rewarding, messy, noisy and sometimes crazy experience... Every day will be a new adventure, enjoy the ride - it's all worth it!
* ___ (name of first baby) is so darn cute, so you have decided to make another! Congratulations on the birth of your new baby girl ___/ baby boy ___ (add name). We are thrilled for the four of you.
* Two different children (babies), two different experiences, but one love that you'll share! All the best with your newest, little family addition.
* We heard ___ (name of first child) has been promoted to big brother / big sister! Congratulations to him / her and to the proud parents for being able to experience parenthood for the second time!
* We are thrilled your family has grown by another member and happy to hear you are all doing well! Congratulations on the birth of your second daughter (alternatively second boy, new baby daughter, new baby boy) and all the best.
- for a 3rd baby simply adjust these 2nd baby wishes -
These wishes and baby bible verses are especially suited when you are writing a religious baby congratulations card or a baby baptism / Christening card: sample sentences for Christian baby congratulations cards.
End your card with:
- Best wishes, - Yours truly, - Love always, - All our love, - All the best, - God bless, - Hugs and kisses, - Lots of love, - So thrilled, - With love to you and your family.
- Alternatively simply skip a line and sign with your name.
For more formal cards use either
- Yours sincerely or - Kind regards
Having twins, triplets and multiples calls for special baby congratulation messages! I have created an extra page for these occassions: you will find lots of beautiful wordings for your twin baby congratulations here.
Going to a baby shower?
Enjoy this? Don't miss out - sign up for my free newsletter and get access to exclusive articles and resources.
Do you like us?
Some links on this page are affiliate links. This means when you purchase a product through one of these links I earn a small commission. There is no extra cost to you. This money helps me to maintain this website and provide free information for you. Thank you for supporting my website. To learn more please see my affiliate disclosure document.