Baby Shower Gift Cards
Yes, in some cases baby shower gift cards are a good alternative!
baby shower gift card
Even though there are many great baby gift ideas around, it does not make sense to buy something useless or to show up with a gift that another guest also has chosen to bring. Plus, some families are really hard to shop for!
Thus, in certain cases, a gift certificate by all means can be a great alternative to a 'real' baby gift.
Here are some more reasons why to 'break the etiquette'!
Why And When Baby Gift Cards Are A Reasonable Alternative
yummy baby shower cake
- You might not know the family very well and cannot think of a sensible baby gift for them. With a gift card, the new parents can pick what they really want and need.
- This might be one of the families that already have 'everything' and you just don't know what else you could get for them.
- If this is the family's 3rd, 4th, 5th or even umpteenth baby, they probably will have all the vital gear already. So instead of giving them yet another bib or blanket, give them a gift card and let them choose themselves what to get - even if it is 'just diapers'. This also applies if it's twins or even triplets you need to shop for.
- The new family might need a more valuable purchase for baby. So instead of getting a lot of small gifts, they can use several gift cards to buy this more expensive baby item(s).
- The new parents can decide themselves what they want to get for the baby and when - in doing so the 'when' can be months and even years later, since most gift cards never expire!
- The shower invitation might explicitly say that baby shower gift certificates or diapers are welcome (even though some people think this violates baby shower etiquette).
- If you do not know the gender of the baby it is hard to buy clothes. However, once the baby is born, the parents can choose a girly pink or a boyish blue outfit and pay with your gift card.
- In case you need a last minute gift, a gift card maybe your 'sheet anchor'. So, if you need your gift the same day and you have no time to go shopping, buying and sending an online baby gift certificate will be a matter of a few minutes only.
diaper snail, cute to go with your gift card
Baby Shower Gift Cards: Great To Send Abroad!
- Last but not least: If you live too far away or even abroad you might not be able to attend the baby shower. In that case, sending a baby shower gift card is much easier than sending a 'real' and maybe bulky gift. Moreover, sending a gift card is less costly than sending a big package, especially if you live abroad. And if you e-mail your gift card 'shipping' is even free. Just do not forget to choose your card from a store where you can include a personal message! If the recipient lives abroad, an amazon gift card will be your best choice. Bear in mind to visit the amazon store of the country where the presentee lives and buy it there (for example at amazon.ca, amazon.co.uk, amazon.de, amazon.ch, amazon.co.jp, etc.).
What To Keep In Mind When Buying A Baby Shower Gift Card:
Before you decide where to get your gift card, be aware that different terms and conditions in regards to expiry date, unused balance, amount to choose, etc. apply! See the pitfalls, what exactly to keep in mind and where to best buy your baby gift card from.
What To Write In Your Congratulations Card For The New Baby If You Give A Gift Card:
This sample text goes really well with your gift card for baby.
sample message for your baby congrats card
Congratulations and all the best on the upcoming birth of your baby! So many things are needed for the new arrival and that's a great excuse to shop! Have fun and select yourself what you need for the little one.
More new baby messages for your baby shower congratulations card.
Return from Baby Shower Gift Cards to Best Baby Gifts Homepage