Need a gift for a new dad or a daddy-to-be? Have a look at these homemade new dad gifts. A DIY gift always is something unique and you can follow special preferences of the new father.
Most of these ideas qualify for a mum to give to her husband but I also have ideas for co-ed baby showers, a baby shower for dudes / dadchelor party or for office staff to give to their co-worker or boss who just became a new dad.
Homemade new dad gifts: This one is too cute and so easy to make! Just make sure the rocks you use are really flat. And you have to remove the glass from the frame. Of course you can also make more persons (2 kids for example or the whole family).
Handmade Gift Ideas For A New Dad, For Daddy's Birthday, Father's Day, Valentine's Day, Christmas Or Just Everyday!
Are you a new mommy and need a cute birthday gift from yourself and baby for daddy? Or maybe a Christmas gift? Or a gift for dad's first Father's Day? Or do you and the kids just want to tell daddy you love him very much and how special he is to you?
This idea perfectly qualifies for all these occasions. This is a very beautiful homemade new dad gift where mommy and baby can work on together.
Make some cute canvas art out of baby's hand- or footprints. I used our baby's footprints and fingerprints (for the frame) to make this colorful butterfly. My husband absolutely loves it!
More canvas handprint art ideas for babies and kids.
Does daddy have any special liking? Any ball sports, like baseball, football, soccer, tennis, hockey, ice hockey, etc.? Take a ball and personalize it for dad! Print baby's hand- or footprint on it. Or just write / paint on 'new dad' or 'Emma's dad'. You can also add the baby's date of birth. If daddy likes cars or motorcycles, take a toy or model car / motorcycle and add your writing on there.
Just use your imagination! Dad will love to showcase this new 'trophy' on his desk at work or at home!
Here are some poems and rhymes to add to your art:
'There's nothing quite as sweet, as tiny little baby feet'.
'I (we) love you Dad. From the tip of my nose (our noses) to the tips of my toes (our toes)!'
'This is not just a butterfly as you can plainly see. I made it with my feet which are a part of me.
It comes with lots of love especially to say I hope you have a very happy Father's Day / Christmas Day! (I hope you have a wonderful and special birthday!)'
(If your picture is not a butterfly simply substitute butterfly with another word. And if you used baby's hand, write hand(s) instead of feet)
How about a gag gift for the new dad? Put together a homemade diaper changing toolbox with lots of funny things for daddy and baby.
For the container, get an ordinary (empty) toolbox or a tool caddy. If it's a boy, you can select a toolbox in blue, for a girl select a pink one (yes, you might be lucky to get a pink one indeed!).
Things to include (you may get some of these at the Dollar Store):
- a face breathing mask, so daddy can breathe okay while changing baby's diapers
- (a pair of ordinary swimming) goggles, for better eye protection
- (plain, extra long, wooden grilling) tongs, to easily remove and dispose the diapers
- (ordinary) ear plugs, might come in handy...
- some clothes pegs to use on daddy's nose once the smell gets unbearable
- baby wipes, well, even mommy needs these when changing a diaper
- a 'bio hazard bag' (write bio hazard bag on an ordinary dustbin bag) and rubber gloves, to dispose the diapers straight from the tongs into the bag
- some coffee and an insulated coffee mug, for those looooooong nights
- a spare onesie or a bib saying 'I love daddy', in case daddy and baby had an 'accident'
- a pacifier with some funny daddy saying on it, maybe even dad could use this from time to time...
- a couple of men's cologne sample packets, come in handy to 'cover funny smells'
- a boo-boo bunny, for the worst case
- Ibuprofen, when all else fails take 2...
- some diapers with funny messages for daddy written on. Choose diapers that are plain white at the back and without a pattern and a suitable felt pen. Alternatively stick a post it or a little note to the diapers. Funny diaper messages are for example: 'Caution! Open at your own risk', 'Hold your breath...', 'Do not test with finger', 'shit happens', 'daddy's turn', 'I love daddy', 'special delivery', 'code brown'
Put everything in your toolbox, add little funny notes to your items (hints what to use the items for, just as described above) and finally use metallic letter stickers on top of the toolbox to personalize the new dad baby kit for the new dad!
Free printable funny diaper messages to use with your homemade new dad gifts.
Yep, photo gifts are homemade new dad gifts, too. Even if not the whole process is homemade from scratch, you have to be creative and have to add your own style and luv, too!
Photo album for dad's wallet: Buy a mini photo album for 4x6 inch photos and insert various baby & daddy photos but also handwritten messages for daddy or create some inserts on your computer, print them out and add them in between your photos. Here's a funny quote to use: "A father is someone who carries pictures where his money used to be".
Framed collage: Create a photo collage with photos showing baby & dad, add some text and print it out at home or at the photo shop of your choice. Put it in a nice frame for the wall or to place on daddy's desk.
Special photo gifts for every day use: Take your favorite dad & baby photo, mom & baby photo or mom, dad & baby photo and insert it into a tumbler, keyring, snow globe, personal notebook etc. so dad always has baby and the family with him. Add a handwritten note and voila - a cute and loving gift for dad.
Create your personalized homemade new dad gifts such as baseball photo gifts, pillows, iphone cases, mugs, water bottles etc. online at Zazzle. Here's a water bottle I designed. To find dad gift ideas, simple write 'dad' in the Zazzle search bar and many cool personalized gift suggestions will pop up. Then you can either order them as they are or try your own style, photo(s) and design.
Just as the mom gets a diaper cake with some goodies for mummy included, you can make one for a new dad, too. Alternatively a gift basket (that can also include diapers) is a cute idea. For a special 'daddy touch' include some baby clothing saying 'I love Dad' or 'Best Dad ever'. The diaper gift basket shown here was for a company boss who had just become a new dad.
Things to include in a daddy diaper cake / daddy baby gift basket:
- baby clothing saying 'I love Dad', 'Best Dad Ever' or a onesie with a funny saying about daddy ('Handsome like daddy', 'I like to hang out with daddy', etc.)
- chocolate, candy, Lifesavers
- a daddy & baby photo frame
- an insulated cup or mug 'Best Dad Ever' (see above)
- a dad T-shirt / matching daddy and baby clothing
- any of the fun items mentioned above for the daddy diaper changing toolbox.
For a baby gift basket tutorial click on the dad baby gift basket photo above. If you want to make a daddy diaper cake instructions for diaper cakes here.
Also check out my gifts from baby ideas, you'll find lots homemade new dad gifts there, too such as personalized shirts and personalized mugs and tumblers.
Not into making a homemade new dad gift? Then just buy one - find lots of gift ideas for a new father here.
Some links on this page marked #ad are affiliate links. This means when you purchase a product through one of these links I earn a small commission. There is no extra cost to you. This money helps me to maintain this website and provide free information for you. Thank you for supporting my website. To learn more please see my affiliate disclosure document.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Don’t see the comments box? Log in to your Facebook account, give Facebook consent, then return to this page and refresh it.